Whether you are an “old hand” or a “newbie” at camping the following may be helpful!
- Solution to soggy soap; place a bar of soap in a stocking – you can use it without removing and after use you can hang it from a pole to dry.
- Drill holes in the plastic stand of a calor gas stove, it can then be secured using skewers on uneven ground.
- Ear plugs…. In case the neighbours snore!
- If sleeping on blow up air mattress, place a blanket over it - this gives double the warmth of a blanket on you.
- Wear a woolly hat at night (on chilly evenings).
- Fill the kettle before going to bed, ready for the morning brew.
- Don’t forget to check you have all the tent “fixings/poles”.
- Take a torch with batteries - the head torches are great as it will leave your hands free!